Buffy the Violet Slayer is the new black

So it's no secret that I love nail polish. And it's no secret that I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But a polish that is named for my favorite stake-weilding heroine? And there's two of them? HOLY MOLEY.



I had painted my nails previously with the Craze version. It's a nice grape-y purple with a nice shimmer running through. I found that bottle all on my own at a CVS store. It took me looking through like 5 CVSs, 2 Walgreens, 2 Wal-Marts and a K-Mart before I found it.

But I couldn't find the Fast Dry version anywhere.

Enter my friend Tammy, who just happened to take up the mission of finding said bottle of polish for me. Luckily she was able to find it at a Rite Aid! We don't have Rite Aids around here.


In the sunlight, they don't look all that different! Like I said, the Craze version leans more heavily on the grape side; and the Fast Dry version leans more to the blue. As for consistency, The Craze version was thinner and required four coats; however, I had no coverage problems, streaking or  VNL. The Fast Dry version was thicker and took two coats for an even finish. I used a base of China Glaze's Strong Adhesion and top coat of ORLY Sec'n Dry.

But the real difference is on the nail.

Isn't the difference just crazy? I am soooooooo glad I have both bottles. I love both colors. This isn't something I bought only for the name - altho the name certainly helps :)


**DISCLAIMER**  I was not paid for this review by anyone. I am not a professional nail tech, nor do I want to be. I'm just someone who enjoys polishing my own nails :)